Projects & Solo Exhibitions:
- Sounding City commission by the Architecture Centre, Bristol.
- Guide To Getting Lost shown at Sommerset House as part of Utopia's.
- 'Between Ourselves' site specific project exploring the recent history of Milford Village Green, with support from ACE, July 2015
- 'Fracture Mob' colaboration with stress Fm (Lisbon), October 2014
- 'Intermission: Mappinig the airspace between A-B' collaboration with Echoes & Stress.Fm for Lisbon Architecure Triennale Sept 2013.
- 'The Agency For Architectural Investigation' Plymouth Arts Centre, June 2013.
- 'The Agency For Architectural Investigation' Modern Art Oxford, June 2013
- 'Fables From A New World' solo exhibition made as part of the artshare scheme in collabortaion with the National Museum & Galleries of Wales and Oriel Davies. (Feb - April 2011)
- 'A Circle' 20 minute short film made in collaboration with James Tyson shown at Chapter Arts Theater 2010, in Tokyo at TAGTAS 2011 (Trans-Avant-Garde Theatre Association), Spike Island, Bristol as part of 'Maelfa' curated by Sean Edwards.
- 'A Walk From A-Z' Site specific audio guide. folly, Lancaster. March 2010
- 'Depending On Time', artist book, published - October 2009
- 'Museum of the Moment' - Mp3 walk, April 2008, Safle.
- A Million Moments - a site specific film made for wireless headphones/ Wyndham Arcade/ G/39.
- 'Exploration In Slowness' a guided walk for Pooley Park, Warwickshire. October 2007
- 'Museum Of The Moment : Harrow Road' a simultaneous radio broadcasting project for wireless headphones. Vital Regeneration, September 2007.
- 'Out In The World : An exploration of the view' Shown as a sonic installation in Chapter Arts Centre Theatre, Sept 2006
- 'Out in The World : An exploration of the view' a sound track for the window produced on a 3 month residency at Méduse, Québec City, March 2006. Produced in collaboration with Avatar funded by WAI & Canada Council for the arts.
- 'STAR Radio' Exhibition National Museum and Galleries of Wales, Dec 2005.
- STAR Radio, an artist initiated audio project that ran for 6 months and concluded with a 1 week broadcast. www.starradio.org.uk 2005.
- 'Anecdotal City', a 6 month residency which resulted in the production of a vast audio archive, a bus tour of the city and an intervention in St. Davids shopping centre. Funded by Cardiff 2008, Arts Council of Wales and Artworks Wales.
- 'Scarchive' and archive of drawing and stories about scars. People were invited to record the story of how they got their scars and make a drawing. The archive was shown simultaneously as it was being constructed. April 2004, Chapter Arts Centre Cardiff.
- '….And Then I returned It To The Sea'. Project funded by ACW Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, September 2002/ Rotherham Art Centre Jan 2002
- 'Exhibition Of Unrealised Ideas' and ‘...And Then I Returned It To The Sea
Selected Group Shows/ Projects
- 'Urban Labs' City methodologies at Slade Research Centre, UCL. May 2014. Group exhibition and panel discussion.
- 'Radial' Feb 2013 short film made for a British Council exchange project with Hong Kong.
- 'Guide to getting Lost' Nov 2012 Pnem Sound arts festival, Contruction Gallery, London(Feb 2012), Cube, Manchester (Jan 2012).June 2010, Whitstable Biennale. + July 2010 Public// Domain - SCAN,
- a circle Tagata festival, Tokyo (Jan 2011) and Spike Island Bristol as part of 'Maelfa' curated by Sean Edwards.( March 2011)
- Moby Dick in 4 parts...Brukes Musik Cologne, Jens Brand project 2011.
- 'A walk to....' Feild Broadcast, Projekt. April 2010
- 'Seek out Immuntable Landscapes' Bos Arts Sept 2009
- Presented STAR Radio at Futuresonic 2008 http://www.futuresonic.com/
- 'The Local' Glasgow International
- 'Guide to Getting Lost'&'Documentary Series' made for the Suitcase project, an exchange between Cardiff & Copenhagen.
- Domestic Flights shown in “Comfort Zones” (April 2007) a touring show originated by Oriel Davies .
- No Place Like Home Beacon Art Project, Lincoln, Sept 2006 www.beaconartproject.com
- Common – Wealth Museum Next wave Festival, Melbourne Australia, March 2006
- Note To Self, g/39 Cardiff, Feb 2006
- Lost Artist Idea General Public Project Space, Berlin. May 2006
- Identitades, Morelia, Mexico, May 2005
- Rhwnt- Québec/ Wales exchange at Le Lieu, Québec City. Sept. 04
- Urban Legacies, CBAT. May 2004
- Ffresh3, Chapter Art Centre, Cardiff. March 02. ‘Lounge/ Bar’
- Roam, Coed Hills Rural Art Space, August 2001. 'Making History 2
- Via CD Rom exhibited at g/39 in September 2001. Mapping”, Collaboration with Maria Wilson ACW funded.
- Openspace, Milan, Jan2001. “Art From Wales- A new generation
- Leicester City gallery, Nov 2000 “Modern Fairy Tales, site based work,
- Making History, site based work for ‘Terra Infirma’, Hurst Castle, Hampshire. Easter 2000.
- Chapter Art Centre. Jan ‘99 Ffresh 2, group show..
- C.S.V New York. Oct ‘99. Rant From Another Realm.
- G39, Cardiff. July ‘98. 'Pistol'
- Missing Link. Aug “98. Hidden Artefact, Site specific work.
- 'Nutopia A critical View of Future Cities' April 2012 pub. University of Plymouth Press.
- 'Fables from a new world' publication to accompany exhibition.
- Nutopia, Envisioning Cities past, Present and Future. Published university of Plymouth press Malcolm Miles.
- Depending On Time. Pub. Safle October 2009.
- Rhizome.org, STAR Radio selected as an artist project.
- STAR Radio publication “STAR : A psycho Topography of Place” pub. Cbat
- Heritage/ Site review AN October 2006.
- Open Frequency, selected May 2005 http://www.axisweb.org/ofADVL.aspx
- STAR Radio reveiew. AN October 2005.
- Aint No Love in The Heart of the City Pub June 2004, CBAt
- Here and Now Iwan Bala pub Seren December 03
- Featured in Contemporary Magazine, article “Local Knowledge” Gordon Dalton, issue no55. August 03
- Featured in Artist Newsletter April 2003 (Artist Story) and in Article “Private musings:public projections”, Jane Watt, Sept 2003
- Anecdotal City book/Cd Rom Pub. June 2003
- Work featured in Depot publication.
- Via CD ROM Launched Sept 01
- Roam Catalogue, Sept. 2001
- Essay published, Sites and Situations, October 1999
Commissions / Awards
- Grants For The Arts, awarded by Arts Council England to produce 'Between Ourselves'.
- Travel grant Morelia, Mexico, WAI
- Hull Arc - Exploring NASA - May 2008
- ACW funding to take part in DFG Docmaroc training workshop Tangier. (2007)
- Creative Wales award, to develop “Depending On Time” May- Feb 2007
- ‘Making History3’, Information boards, commissioned by Habitat Cardiff. Feb 02
- ACW award to research and develop ‘Scarchive’ 2004
- WAI award 3 month residency Quebec city 2006.
- 'Slash and Burn', Billboard project, C.T.A ,Cardiff, Jan ‘00.
- 'Sleuth', Ffotogallery, Cardiff. Commissioned to make site specific work to coincide with show in the gallery of the same title. July ‘99.
Papers/ symposiums/ conferences/ workshops:
- Living Maps Central Saint Martins, April 2015.
- City Methodologies, UCL May 2014.
- Broadcast on Reasonance FM 'Listening to Noise and Silence: Towards a Philosophy of Sound Art'. Jennie Savage/ Peter Cusack Feb 2011
- 'Listening to Noise and Silence: Towards a Philosophy of Sound Art' In converstion with Dr. Salomé Voegelin at LCC June 2010
- Key Note speaker, Sound Lab, PVA. Curated by Marcus Leadly March 2010.
- ‘Society for European Philosophy conference’ Presenting and showing ‘The Museum of the Moment’.
• Present work at the Engage Conference 2009
• Sound Diaries Conference – Oxford Brookes University June 2009
• ‘Walking as Method” School of Social Sciences, Cardiff, Presenting + Showing “The Museum of the Moment” (June 09)
• City – Scapers International town planning/ Architecture Symposium (British Council)– Presented various projects. April 2009
- Nutopia: Exploring the Metropolitan Imagination - curated and oranised as part of The Arcades Project, April 2009.
- Portable Cinema Project- Film festival as part of The arcades project October 2008.
- Future sonic , Manchester 2008, presented STAR Radio.
- DFG Docmaroc – Tanger training workshop in documentary Film making April 2007 funded by ACW
- Audio Guide to Ebbw Vale collaborative project with School of Social Sciences and Ebbbw Vale college. Feb 2007.
- We Can Work in Out Northern Bloc seminar Jan 2007
- Mapping workshop” a training day for teachers organised by Axis, May 2006.
- STAR radio artists workshop, Feb 2005. An introduction to the STAR area of Cardiff for the 20 artists selected to collaborate on the STAR radio project.
- Mapping Project, Feb 04 Invited 10 artists/ writers and a geographer to attend a mapping workshop in my studio for one weekend.
- Star For A Night g/39 Spring Fete, May 01
- Exhibition Of Unrealised Ideas, Chapter Bar, August 2000
- ......and then I returned it to the sea Hayvend, vending Machines, Aug 2000
- Arthouse, group show, Cardiff, July ‘99.
- May 99, Sites and Situations, Wilhiem de Kooning, Rotterdam. @ week seminar on Public Art.
- Folly, Lancaster. 2010
- g/39, Cardiff, 3 months Wyndham Arcade.
- 3 month residency at Co-opertive de Meduse, Quebec City, Jan- April 2006
- 1 month residency Morelia, Mexico.
- Artist in residence, Aberbeeg. Commissioned by Cbat September 04.
- Chapter Arts Centre, 2 week residency making Scarchive, funded ACW.
- Cardiff central library 6 month residency, Sept 02-March 03 funded by Artworks Wales.
- Tyfant School Arts week- October 04.
Current/ Future: Associate Lecturer, Chelsea College of Art and Arts University Bournemouth.
2010 Ma Cultural Studies & Thesis tutor at Plymouth University.
2000 –2007 Visiting lecturer UWIC Time Based department.
April 2006- Dartington College of Art
April 2006- Exeter college of Art.
Sept 2000- present: Part time Lecturer U.W.I.C Time Based & Photovisual dept. Duties include teaching, running and preparing seminars, lectures and workshops, assessing/ marking students (Year 1-3).
March-June 2004: Part Time Lecturer University of Plymouth Visual Arts Ba.
Feb 04/05 : Annual day workshop with Religion/ Philosophy students at University Wales.
October 03- Camarthen College Art and Design
March 2003- Visiting lecturer Swansea Institute.
Sept 2003- Workshops/ lectures at The Glynn Vivian Art Gallery in response to “And Then I returned It To The Sea”
Ma Fine Art Uwic- lectures given between Sept 2000 up until the present.